5 Fall Must-Do Activities in Oconee County
Weeks after the first official day of fall and after weeks full of 85+ degree temperatures, we are FINALLY seeing temperatures drop and seeing evidence of a season change. We have all been on pins and needles waiting for the cool winds to start blowing, the leaves to start changing, and let’s be honest for every soup that ever existed to start cooking in the crock-pot. Folks, I think we are finally experiencing fall in #OconeeCountySC. With that, before we blink and start experiencing frigid winter weather, here are 5 things you must do in #OC in the fall.
1. What is fall without an Oktober Fest? Exactly, there is no such thing and Walhalla, South Carolina, has been doing Oktober Fest #JustRight since 1979! Get ready for a weekend of fun as Walhalla celebrates its German heritage with food, music, and of course beer. With the sounds of traditional Polka, you can dance your way through the streets enjoying the taste of authentic German bratwurst and refreshing German beer. And this one is family friendly, so grab the gang. Now that is what we call a fall festival! Get more details on Oktober fest by clicking here.
2. One of our favorite things about fall is watching the leaves change colors and turn into magical tones of warm gold, cranberry, and plum that put you in all the fall feels. Our already beautiful lakes, waterfalls, and hiking trails become natural outdoor art galleries as they present fall foliage at its finest. Hike through Oconee County’s “Best Kept Secret”, the Chau Ram County Park, as you capture memories of its beautiful rock and water scenes. Stroll across the Suspension bridge over the Chauga River and take a deep breath as you take in all the wonder that surrounds you. Click here for more information.
3. Nothing says fall like pumpkin, spice, and everything nice. Walnut Street Bakery and Brews on the Alley located on Ram Cat have just what you need to feed your fall cravings. Stop in Walnut Street Bakery for a pumpkin spice cupcake and the head over to Brews for a coffee to wash it all down. Nothing tastes better than #ThinkOconee local goodies on a cool fall day. Check out WSB here and Brews here.
4. Fall makes you bring out the cozy blankets, sweaters, and all the cozy snuggles. So take your partner’s hand and take a seat on a swing at South Cove County Park, snuggle up, and watch the sun set over the glassy waters of Lake Keowee. Nothing fancy, just a romantic night, watching the Clemson colored sky fade away in God’s country. Get the information you need by clicking here.
5. Grab your flannel because this last one just doesn’t seem right without one. Apple picking has become a fall tradition for many families and Bryson’s U-Pick Apple Orchard is the perfect place to keep the tradition going. Grab the family and the camera and grab some fresh picked apples before heading home to whip up grandma’s recipe for homemade apple pie. Don’t forget to stop and grab some ice cream, because a-la-mode is always the way to go. Get picky by clicking here.
Experience fall in #OconeeCountySC by giving these things a try and use #ThinkOconee if you capture and share any memories. Do you have other suggestions for fall fun in the #OC? Then send us a message by clicking here to let us know.